Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Boob Lights

Ha!  Thought it was going to be something else didn't you?

No, this is the tale of the final three light fixtures in our home that needed updating and I called them our "boob lights" in cheap gold no less.


Do not ask me why it took us 14 years to replace these.  We've replaced every light fixture in our home but these and one in our son's bathroom aka the.place.we.do.not.enter.  These are just as awful as the cheap three round bulb fixtures over the bathroom vanity lights the builder installed that we replaced.

Thankfully lighting doesn't have to be pricey.  It certainly can be, some of the most beautiful fixtures I've seen run in the hundreds to thousands of dollars.  We don't have that kind of budget plus part of the thrill for me is the hunt to find what I want for as less as I can.

I found our new ones at Wayfair and I think there a BIG improvement over those awful "boob" light fixtures.


Like other things that we replace, I took the boob lights to our local Habitat for Humanity Resale Store.  One person's trash is another person's treasure.  I hope they find their forever home.






No comments: