Saturday, March 10, 2018

Slow Cooker Lazy - Jambalaya


I run hot and cold with cooking.  Sometimes I want to cook all the time and then I go through phases where I don't want to cook at all.  I'm glad I have some of the time saving appliances I do, my slow cooker, my instant pot and our air fryer for those times when cooking isn't my thing or I've decided to subsist on Naan bread and tomatoes with balsamic vinegar for days and my family has to be YOYO (Your On Your Own).

I'm not someone who can create recipes herself, I'm not that talented with food, but I'm a champ at finding recipes that I want to try and cooking the things my family has enjoyed all of these years.

Recently, I had a craving for Jambalaya but I didn't want to go the Zatarain's route (which we've tried before and it's not horrible) so I went on the lookout for an easy recipe.

My google skills took me to this recipe of Easy Slow Cooker Jambalaya and I gathered all the ingredients together to try it out.


The title of the recipe isn't lying, it was easy.  Literally dump everything in your slow cooker until the last 1/2 hour when the rice and shrimp go in.  I'm sure you could do this in the instant pot also, but I was in no hurry the day I made it, so I used our tried and true slow cooker.  The after Jambalaya review was a Thumbs Up!  It makes 8 very hearty servings and since this really isn't a good recipe for the freezer, we had it for dinner than night and each had a leftover portion for our next day's lunch and a good friend was gifted with a container to keep him fed.

The only change I made was I reduced the amount of chicken to one large boneless skinless chicken breast rather than 2 pounds of chicken thighs.

Thanks for stopping by!










No comments: