Wednesday, April 2, 2008

San Antonio

First off......air travel in the US SUCKS!!! although my luggage did make it this time, when I arrived in Dallas/Fort Worth, I found out that my flight to San Antonio had been canceled, so my co-worker and I had to go from the "D" terminal to the "C" terminal to see if we could get on the next flight out. If any of you have flown through DFW, you know that changing terminals involves catching a tram and then walking a million miles.

We get to the C terminal only to be told that the next flight is full, but they can get us on the flight after that....great....but guess where that flight departed from? Terminal D...right where we started from.

Anyhoo, got to SA about 2 hours later than I thought I would, but thats okay, we grabbed a taxi to the hotel and got all checked in.

The best part of the trip so far was getting together with Jen McWhirt. She came down to the hotel and picked me up. We went out to dinner at a tex-mex restaurant called "Chuys" and we ate, chatted and laughed alot.

Our original plans were to go to a couple scrapbook stores, but we took too long at dinner and neither one of us were paying attention to the time, that by the time we got to Scrapbook Heaven, they were closed. :(, so we tried another one, Scrapbook 911 and alas, they were closed also.....so although we didn't get to go to the scrapbook store (I definitely saved myself money), we did stop at Cold Stone Creamery (I've never been) had had some amazing ice cream and I don't even want to think about the calories I consumed...LOL...

Since my training class doesn't start until 1:30 today, my co-worker and I got up early and went for an hour long walk along the Riverwalk. It was great to be walking down there without any crowds and let me tell you, starting tonight the Riverwalk will BE PACKED with the NCAA Final Four this weekend.

I just finished getting ready for my class and am taking advantage of the FREE internet access the hotel offers....gotta love that!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Hey, the calories from the ice cream were already burned off by walking TWO million miles (to the other terminal and back, of course) at the Dallas airport!

Sounds like Dallas hasn't changed any from circa 1983, probably the last time I flew there. I totally remember riding in the tram and walking the million miles you mentioned:)

That's way cool that you and Jen got together while you were there!

The Mom said...

I am always glad to help someone save some money but man why did they all have to close so early!!

At least I got to introduce you to Cold Stone Creamery!! :)

Glad that we got togehter!!

Janet said...

I agree with Cheri on the calories! Don't give 'em a second thought! LOL
I went to San Antonio on business a few years back and loved the Riverwalk and the food.

Kristina, I'm so far behind in reading your blog (and many others)...I'm so sorry I've been delinquent!