Sunday, September 3, 2017

Progress......Yay!


Sorry....the crazy cat lady is out today and has to start her post with a cat photo.  Tucker likes to stick close to his human. 😊😻

Lots of projects going on in our household, but one big one was completed last week.  We finally had the carpet we have in our home shampooed and cleaned and they did a great job!  So here's a shout out to Steamway Craftsman Cleaning Service in Ames for their work.  If you need any cleaning done, give them a call!

Since we had two rooms to almost empty, life around here was in an upheaval for a couple of days because we could barely use the kitchen, dining area, foyer and hallway because that's where everything had to go, so we were squeezing through tunnels of furniture, side tables, chairs and lamps for a couple of days.

Putting things back ended up taking me WAY longer than moving it out.  I couldn't believe how dusty and dirty things were, so I took my time cleaning each thing as I put things back where they belonged.  I did manage to do a little rearranging of furniture also, a couple things got kicked to the curb and I see a cool new reading chair in our future.....that's the inner interior designer in me, what can I say?

We also made progress on our closet re-do.  The wooden built in was torn out and destroyed with minimal damage to the wall, the left side of the closet torn out and the husband patched and caulked all the holes so that I could put on a fresh coat of paint.



Ignore the gross carpet, it's going to be replaced in October.

On a side note.....progress with the weight loss.....down 24 pounds now since August 2016, but it does fluctuate a bit and I don't weight myself everyday or even every week.  Just concentrating on eating and snacking as healthy as I can and if I have a bad day, I make up for the next.   Unfortunately, I've completely blew my goal of yoga everyday, but I'm managing twice a week right now and 2-3 good walks a week.  It's all I can manage right now.

How in the world did I ever work full time?












No comments: