Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Re-Awakening


Last month after having to make the hard decision to put our beloved oldest pet, Kirby to sleep due to illness, I started toying with the idea of re-starting my blog.  I'm not sure why and I'm not sure why I stopped, but when I went to find it, I was surprised to see that my last post was in May of 2016 and 14 months have passed by....wow.

I don't know where I want to go with this blog, but I did find I was better at writing at it than I was in a journal.  It was a hard time for my family after my dad's passing as my husband lost his mother just a short five months later in August of 2016.  I wish I could say that the last year has been easier, but I'd be lying if I did, because it hasn't.  2017 is working on being just as depressing as 2016 was but I keep trying to be as optimistic as I can.

Since my last blog post, I also had my first real experience with a long lingering illness which put a lot of things in my life in perspective.  I was so thankful that I finally started feeling well again, but I felt like I lost four months of my life that I could have been enjoying, and although it was life altering at the time, it was not life threatening and for that, I'm also thankful.

One positive thing to report that from a year ago the first part of August, I've been able to find a way to trim off 18-22 pounds depending on the day and am hoping to lose another 20-25.   Not that it can't be done, but losing weight post menopausal is tough for some and that some would be me.  I am happy that I'm not on any high cholesterol meds or high blood pressure meds that quite a few of my contemporaries take and I'm also not pre-diabetic which I've always worried would rear it's ugly head later in life as I was a gestational diabetic.

In another seven weeks I'll be celebrating a pretty big milestone birthday and when looking at it as a number, it's scary, but other than the new aches and pains that come with aging, it feels no different than the last milestone birthday I had.

I promise my future posts will be much more upbeat than this one and try to keep my sharing to fun things that are going on, or my latest DIY project, or the last book I read or movie I saw or a new recipe we tried.  I might even get adventurous and post a videos also.

Thanks for following my new re-awakened life's journey!












No comments: